Rotating image8

Shop Now

at the Official
Online Store

    Tully Gymnasium












    Tully Gymnasium has been home to Florida State volleyball over the years. Overall, Tully Gym has been good to the Lady Seminoles, as they have accumulated a 240-84 record on its home court for a winning percentage of .741 in the past 24 years in the facility.

    The facility, which was constructed in 1956, was named for the late Robert Henry (Bobby) Tully, a 1952 FSU graduate who played football. Active on campus, Tully was a member of the Gold Key, ODK, the Arnold Air Society and Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. He died in May 1954 after battling a long illness.

    The gymnasium, with a capacity of 2,500, has undergone several renovations in recent years. Just prior to the 1999 season, the playing floor was resurfaced and repainted and new lighting was added. The facility features new arena-style padded seating with armrests, which were installed to create a movie theater experience while watching the Lady Seminoles.

    On November 2, 2000 in a special ceremony, Florida State dedicated the Tully Gym volleyball floor to Lucy McDaniel, the first woman in the state of Florida to donate more than one million dollars to a women's athletic program. Beginning this season at volleyball matches, the facility will be known as the Lucy McDaniel Volleyball Arena at volleyball events in Tully Gymnasium, in honor of the wonderful gifts and support that McDaniel has provided to the Lady Seminole volleyball program and Florida State athletics.

    The ceremony included an address from Athletic Director Dave Hart, Jr., as well as an appearance by University President, Sandy D'Alemberte. Reynaud said a few words regarding the magnificent gift, which was followed by a touching tribute by FSU volleyball players Kristin Frye and Martha Hamilton. Fry presented McDaniel with a ball signed by all the players followed by a poem written by Hamilton about the relationship of the 2000 squad with McDaniel.

    McDaniel first gave $100,000 to endow a volleyball scholarship at Florida State and later designated another $50,000 so the team could take a European tour in May of 2000. McDaniel wanted to do more, so she asked her accountant to run through her financial statements to see what she would be able to give now and later in her will. When the accountant told her, she called Seminole Boosters Planned Giving Director Joel Padgett to start the process.

    The Florida State women's basketball and women's volleyball program has played at the friendly confines of Tully Gymnasium since their inaugural season in 1973.

    The facility, which was constructed in 1956, was named for the late Robert Henry (Bobby) Tully, a 1952 FSU graduate who played football. Active on campus, Tully was a member of Gold Key, ODK, the Arnold Air Society and Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. He died in May 1954 after battling a long illness.

    The 2,500 capacity gymnasium underwent a $250,000 renovation prior to the 1993-94 season. The gym surface was resurfaced and repainted. The bleachers were replaced on one side with pull out arena-style padded seating with armrests to create a theater-like experience while watching the Lady Seminoles.

    Aside from exciting Lady Seminole Basketball and Volleyball, Tully Gymnasium also houses the University's physical education department.

    Directions
    FROM: Interstate 10
    I-10 to Exit 31. Go West on HWY 90 to Monroe St. Make a left and go South on Monroe St. to Jefferson St. Make a right (Becomes Pensacola St.) and follow to Chieftan Way. Make a right onto Chieftan Way into campus. The Bobby E. Leach Recreation Center will be the first building on your right, followed by Tully Gymnasium and Scott Speicher Tennis Center. The Soccer Field will be directly across from Tully Gymnasium on the left, followed by Mike Long Track.

    FROM: Airport
    Go South on Capital Circle to Lake Bradford Rd. Make a left and take Lake Bradford Rd. to Stadium Dr. Make a right onto Stadium Dr. and follow to Pensacola St. Make a left onto Pensacola St., follow to Chieftan Way and make a right. The Bobby E. Leach Recreation Center will be the first building on your right, followed by Tully Gymnasium and Scott Speicher Tennis Center. The Soccer Field will be directly across from Tully Gymnasium on the left, followed by Mike Long Track.

    FROM: HWY 90 West (Quincy)
    Go East on HWY 90 (Tennessee St.) to Ocala St. Make a right and take Ocala St. to Pensacola St. Make a left and go East on Pensacola St. to Chieftan Way. Make a left onto Chieftan Way. The Bobby E. Leach Recreation Center will be the first building on your right, followed by Tully Gymnasium and Scott Speicher Tennis Center. The Soccer Field will be directly across from Tully Gymnasium on the left, followed by Mike Long Track.

    FROM: Route 319 (Thomasville Rd.)
    Take Thomasville Rd. to Monroe St. Make a left and go South on Monroe St. to Jefferson St. Make a right onto Jefferson St. (Becomes Pensacola St.) and follow to Chieftan Way. Make a right onto Chieftan Way. The Bobby E. Leach Recreation Center will be the first building on your right, followed by Tully Gymnasium and Scott Speicher Tennis Center. The Soccer Field will be directly across from Tully Gymnasium on the left, followed by Mike Long Track.

    FSU on YouTube