March 11, 2013
Throughout the 2013 season, each Seminole softball student-athlete who appears in the program's Q&A section will also be featured on Seminoles.com. The fifth student-athlete is redshirt junior pitcher Jessica Nori.
1. What has it meant for you to be a Seminole?
Being a Seminole has allowed me to explore so many opportunities academically and athletically, such as taking a leadership role in SAAC and being a FIG leader. Over the past four years my teammates have become my family away from home. We've made memories that I'll always have - winning ACCs, playing in Hawaii, and going to places I wouldn't normally have traveled. I'm proud to wear Garnet and Gold.
2. What is the latest with your internship prospects?
Well, right now I'm still in the waiting process for the next stage of the Nike internship; hopefully I'll hear something in the next week or so. If that doesn't work out, I plan to apply for the Louisville Slugger internship again. I had a blast last summer, so I know it would be another great experience.
3. If you could play any TV character, who would it be and why?
That's a good one, right now Kirstin and Court (Adams) have me hooked on "Once Upon a Time." I think I would want to be Mary Margaret aka Snow White because it would be a lot of fun to go on their adventures and figure out a way to defeat the dark magic.
4. Are there any phobias that you have?
Well, I didn't think I had any phobias, but in the fall when we did the team bonding in Daytona I learned that I might be afraid of heights especially when you're walking across moving logs up in the trees. The zip lining was amazing, but I kept thinking I was going to fall if I missed a log.
5. What quote do you live by?
"Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts." - John Wooden.
6. Finish the sentence: Head Coach Lonni Alameda is ...
Secretly really good at hacky sack. Whenever she joins in to play, she puts us all to shame.
7. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
I would establish a scholarship fund for female student-athletes to help pursue their dreams.
8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
"Perseverance" by Jessica Nori.
9. If a movie was being made of your life and you could choose the actor/actress to play you, who would you choose and why?
I would choose Anne Hathaway to play me because I enjoy her movies.
10. What is the best dish you've ever cooked?
The best dinner dish I've cooked is enchiladas, but my teammates would probably say funfetti cookies since I bake those for road trips.