8 Lauren Switzer
2009 - Highlights:
* Finished her senior season in a Seminole uniform tied for fourth on the team in points with 13 on two goals and nine assists.
* Three multi-assist games on the year bringing career total to six in three seasons...closed out the season as the team leader in game-winning assists with four.
* Second on the team with nine assists and tied for sixth in the ACC; nine assists as a senior tied a career-high for assists in a season set last year as a junior.
* Five points (1G, 3A) in the 2009 NCAA Tournament - scored the equalizer on a header in the 65th minute in the third round against Texas A&M...opened the tournament with three assists in two games...finished with nine career points in the postseason.
* With three assists in the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament, moved into a tie for eighth all-time for career assists with 19.
* Tied career-highs with two assists against Jacksonville, UAB and in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against SE Louisiana...first assist in the season opener against Jacksonville went down as her first game-winner of the season and second of her career.
* Started her second game of the year against UAB and recorded a season-high four points on a goal and two assists...finished the game with a career-high five shots including three shots on goal, while tying career-highs for points and assists.
* Appeared in all 10 ACC games, playing a season-high 75 minutes on the road at Wake Forest...also recorded a shot against the Deacs.
* Posted game-winning assists in back-to-back home victories over North Carolina and NC State for her first two points in league play in 2009.
* Sent a pass to the far post off a corner kick that Ella Stephan found the back of the net on a header with 12 seconds left in double overtime to give FSU a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over North Carolina.
* Appeared in all three games for the Seminoles making two starts in the ACC Tournament...recorded a shot in 90 minutes of action against Virginia Tech in the semifinals.
2008 - Accolades: CoSIDA/ESPN the Magazine Third Team Academic All-District III honoree.
* Finished the season as the team leader in assists with nine.
* Established a career-high two assists three times including the season opener against UCF, at Auburn and in the regular season finale at NC State.
* Tied for third in the ACC in assists and tied for fifth in assists per game (0.39).
* Finished second on the team with five multi-point performances.
* Sat third on the team in points with 19, adding five goals to her resume during her junior campaign.
* Took just the first six matches in 2008 to match her previous, two-year career point total of 11 registering three goals and five assists for the Seminoles during the early part of the season.
* Appeared in 23 games with four starts including three starts in league play...first start of the season came in a neutral site match-up against South Carolina - played a season-high 79 minutes in a 3-3 tie against the Gamecocks.
* Recorded 25 shots including a season-high four in the third round of the NCAA Tournament against Boston College.
* Opened the year with a career day against UCF tying a career-high with four points on a goal and two assists - came within one point of matching her total season output in 2007 in just one game.
* Tallied goals in back-to-back games against Connecticut and Florida International...goal against FIU was the game-winner, the first as a Seminole.
* Scored the third goal in a 4-0 victory over Clemson, her first career goal in ACC play...first career point in an ACC regular season game came on an assist in a shutout victory over Wake Forest...tallied five points (2 goals, 1 assist) in three career games against the Demon Deacons.
* Recorded her first game-winning assist finding Sanna Talonen for the go-ahead goal in a 5-2 come-from-behind victory over NC State.
* Played in all four games in the Seminoles' postseason run to the NCAA Quarterfinals averaging 49 minutes on the pitch.
* Recorded a tournament-high 66 minutes in a first round victory over Mississippi Valley State...registered three points on a goal and an assist against the Devilettes.
* Posted a season-high four shots in the Seminoles' third round victory over Boston College.
* Finished the NCAA Tournament with seven shots including three shots on goal.
2007 - Highlights:
* Made four starts while appearing in 24 games for the Seminoles in 2007.
* Tallied five points on two goals and an assist...all five points came in postseason play.
* Recorded her first two goals of the season in FSU's 5-2 victory over Wake Forest in the ACC Tournament semifinals...marked the first multi-goal game of her collegiate career...both goals came in the second half less than seven minutes apart.
* Played in all three ACC Tournament games averaging over 46 minutes a match en route to being named to the ACC All-Tournament team.
* Eleven shots on the year with five going on goal...registered three shots in two games against the Demon Deacons while seven of her 11 shots were taken against league opponents.
* Posted a shot in three straight ACC contests - Boston College, Miami, Wake Forest...took a season-high two shots three times in wins over Miami, Wake Forest and Connecticut.
* Played every minute in all four starts including a season-high 110 minutes in a 3-3 tie at UCF.
* Appeared in all six tournament games averaging over 38 minutes of action.
* Registered three shots including two in a quarterfinal match-up against Connecticut...notched assist number one of the season in the Seminoles' third round victory over Texas.
UCLA - Highlights:
* Played in 21 games starting 13 for the Bruins as a freshman.
* Finished the season with six points on a goal and four assists.
* Recorded 15 shots on the year, nine of which were on goal...had the highest shots on goal percentage (.600) among players with 20 or more starts.
* Collected assists in back-to-back victories against Gonzaga and California, respectively...notched the game-winning assist versus Gonzaga in a 1-0 victory.
* Tallied a season-high three points on a goal and an assist in UCLA's first round NCAA Tournament victory over UNLV.
U.S. NATIONAL TEAM -
* Called into camp with the U-21 U.S. National Team during the summer of 2006.
* Member of the U-17 U.S. National Team which captured the 2005 adidas Cup.
* Played for the U-16 team.
* Guided the Eclipse Select to two U.S. Youth National Championship titles in 2004 and 2005.
* Played with the Bradenton Athletics of the W-League during the summer of 2008.
* Played with the Chicago Red Eleven of the W-League during the summer of 2009...two-time W-League Team of the Week honoree...finished the summer league leading the Red Eleven in points (16) and goals (7) while playing in just nine games...finished t-19th in points in the W-League...ranked in a tie for second on the team in shots with 22.
HIGH SCHOOL -
* Two-year letterwinner at St. Charles High School in St. Charles, Ill.
* Named a Parade All-American in 2005 and 2006...a two-time NSCAA/adidas Youth All-American and all-state selection in Illinois...named Kane Country Chronicle Player of the Year in 2004.
* Top-25 national recruit as listed by Soccer Buzz.
* Played guard on the basketball team during her freshman year.
* Honor roll student all four years at St. Charles High School.
* Daughter of Ron and Diane Switzer.
* Major is exercise science.
* Member of the Dean's List (Spring 2008)...two-time ACC Academic Honor Roll (2007-08, 2009-10) honoree.