Weekly Florida State Women's Basketball Release
Seminoles wrap up four-game road trip at No. 12/13 Texas A&M.
Dec. 3, 2007
Complete Release in PDF Format
FLORIDA STATE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
WEEKLY RELEASE: DECEMBER 3, 2007
Overall Record: 6-2
ACC Record: 0-0
This Week's Schedule:
Thursday, December 6
at #12/13 Texas A&M (6-1), 7 p.m.
Radio: 100.7 FM
Last Week's Results:
Friday, November 30
Win 85-78 at Indiana
Top Scorer: Mara Freshour (21)
Top Rebounder: Antionette Howard (10)
Sunday, December 2
Loss 75-85 at Oakland
Top Scorer: Tanae Davis-Cain (16)
Top Rebounder: Mara Freshour (6)
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- A four-game road trip ends for the #21/22 Florida State women's basketball this week when it travels to No. 12/13 Texas A&M. The Seminoles and Aggies tip off at 7 p.m. (CST) and the game can be heard on 100.7 FM and Seminoles.com.
- Thursday's game is FSU's first against a Big 12 opponent since the Seminoles lost 70-85 to Iowa State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Overall, Florida State is 4-3 against the conference, but this will be just the second game under head coach Sue Semrau.
- Florida State could not complete a 19-point comeback on Sunday as it lost 75-85 at Oakland. The Seminoles helped the conference win the Inaugural Women's Big Ten/ACC Challenge with a 85-78 win at Indiana on Friday.
- Florida State junior Mara Freshour (Nashville, Ind.), scored 21 points in the return to her home state. She also took over the FSU career free throw percentage record, with her current rate at 80.5 percent.
- Rookie Antionette Howard (Snellville, Ga.) turned in her first collegiate double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds off the bench at Indiana.