ACC Play Begins For FSU Women's Basketball On Sunday Against Virginia Tech
Seminoles and Hokies tip off at 2 p.m. on Fox Sports Net Florida.
Jan. 5, 2008
FSU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
Florida State vs. Virginia Tech
Sunday, January 6 l 2 pm
Donald L. Tucker Center (12,100) l Tallahassee, Fla.
Radio: 100.7 FM l Fox Sports Net Florida
FSU Radio: Ryan Pensy (PBP) l Melissa Bruner (Color)
FSN: Tom Block (PBP) l Barry Milligan (Color)
Radio and Gametrack Links
The Opening Tip (What You Need To Know):
- The second season begins on Sunday (January 6) for the Florida State women's basketball team as it starts Atlantic Coast Conference action by playing host to Virginia Tech in a 2 p.m. tip.
- Florida State won last year's ACC opener 72-53 at Georgia Tech, but only has a 4-12 mark in its first conference game. The Seminoles are 4-6 under head coach Sue Semrau in their first league contest.
- The Seminoles are coming off a 61-73 loss to No. 11 LSU. Four of the Seminoles' five losses have been to ranked teams.
- Guard Shante Williams (Jacksonville, Fla.) put up a season-high 20 points against LSU, including 8-of-8 from the free throw line. She need four assists to break the FSU career record of 388 assists held by Jen Robinson.
- For the second game in a row, freshman Antionette Howard (Snellville, Ga.) put up double digits with 11 points against the Tigers.
ACC Play Begins For FSU On Sunday Against Virginia Tech
Not that the previous 15 games didn't mean as much, but they were preparation for the Atlantic Coast Conference schedule that begins this weekend. The Florida State women's basketball team will go for its second ACC-opening win in a row when it plays host to Virginia Tech in a 2 p.m. contest on Sunday (January 6). The game can heard on 100.7 FM and Seminoles.com. It will be televised live on Fox Sports Net Florida, which is channel 29 on Tallahassee Comcast cable, channel 634 on DirecTV and channel 423 on Dish Network.
Complete Release in PDF Format