Nov. 9, 2011
Friday Night Block Party FAQ | Other FSU Events & Activities
1. What time is the game?
- The game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. EST. You will want to be in the stadium early as pregame practice begins at 2:30 p.m., the marching chiefs perform their pregame concert at 3:20 p.m. EST and Osceola and Renegade take the field at 3:29 p.m. EST.
2. What is the weather forecast?
- Temperatures will be in the low 70's during the day. There will be winds out of the SE at 5 miles per hour. The sunset is scheduled for 5:42 pm. Once the sun goes down the temperatures will drop quickly into the low 60's.
3. Are tickets still available for the Florida State vs. Miami game?
- The game is officially sold out. Tickets are still available through our official StubHub page. You can purchase your tickets by clicking here.
4. Will there be a flyover?
- There will not be a flyover but there will be a parachute jump into the stadium. Be in your seats early as this will take place at 3:10 p.m. EST.
5. Is the game televised?
- The game will be televised regionally on ABC. You can also watch the game on ESPN3.
6. Can I listen to the game on the radio?
- You can follow "The Voice of the Seminoles" Gene Deckerhoff, along with William Floyd and Tom Block on any of our Seminole IMG Sports Network affiliates. For a complete list of affiliates click here.
7. Is the game broadcast on satelite radio?
- The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 92 and XM channel 190.
8. How do I follow the Seminoles online?
- Seminoles.com should be your home for Florida State athletics online. You can listen to the game in Seminoles.com/AllAccess, interact with our live game chat and analysis by clicking here, get live stats through Gametracker, watch the post-game press conference free here. You will also want to check back after the game as Seminoles.com will have highlights featuring the call of Gene Deckerhoff and William Floyd. You can also watch the re-broadcast of the game shortly after conclusion.
9. Is the Moore Athletic Center Great Hall open on gameday?
- Yes, the Moore Athletic Center and Great Hall are open on gameday. The Moore Athletic Center will close to the public at 1:30 p.m.
10. Are there any special promotions for the Florida State vs. Miami game?
- The Florida State vs. Miami game is presented by Hyundai. There will also be a special wounded warrior recognition at the first timeout in the 2nd quarter.
11. Where can I park?
- If you are a member of the Seminole Boosters and you have a designated parking lot pass you can access that map by clicking here. If you do not have a parking pass please refer to any lots that are listed as general parking.
12. Is there RV parking available?
- Seminole Boosters who contribute at the Golden Chief, Silver Chief or Tomahawk levels are eligible to park their RVs in the dedicated lots the weekend of home football games. The fee for the motorhome is $75 and the fee for an additional vehicle is $15. For more information, click here.
13. Is there a policy on tailgating at FSU?
- Tailgating is fast becoming a time-honored tradition at Doak Campbell Stadium. While we encourage you to have a good time, please act responsibly. Fans utilizing booster parking lots are permitted only one parking space per vehicle. We ask you to minimize your tailgating space to permit free movement of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Lots will open at 10:30 am. Tents, tables, tarps, or canopies are not permitted in areas that impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into an adjacent parking space. For more information on tailgating, click here.
14. When does Doak Campbell Stadium open?
- The stadium opens 2 hours prior to kickoff.
15. When can students begin to line up for entry?
- Students are permitted to line up for entry at any gate 3 hours prior to kick-off. Suggested gate entry for students is Gates K, L and M.
16. What items are restricted at Doak Campbell Stadium?
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Weapons or explosives
- Food or beverage from outside the stadium
- Coolers or containers, including cans, cups and bottles
- Bags larger than 12" x 12" x 12"
- Char backs with arms or chair backs that are larger than a single seat
- Artifical noisemakers (whistles, bells, air horns)
- Video equipment, tape recorders, cameras with lenses longer than 6"
- Sticks, Poles, flags or signs
- Laser pointers
- Pets (except special service animals)
- Beach balls or other airborne objects
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of the law enforcement officials as dictated by increased threat conditions.
17. Are there ATM's available at the stadium?
- There is an ATM available outside of the University Center Building B (across from the "Unconquered" statue) and 7 ATMs are available inside the stadium
Friday Night Block Party FAQ
18. What is the Friday Night Block Party?
- The block party has evolved into a huge event that takes up most of downtown Tallahassee the night before home games. The event is free to the public and vendors will be on hand selling food, drinks and Seminole gear.
19. When and where is the Block Party?
- The block party centers around Kleman Plaza in the heart of downtown Tallahassee. The stage for the concerts is set up there along with most of the vendors. The party stretches from 5-10 p.m. and includes appearances by the FSU Cheerleaders, Seminole sports celebriteis and lots of Seminole fans.
20. What happens at the Block Party?
- Most block parties feature a free concert and national recording artists Tyler Reeve will be playing the night before the Miami game. Vendors selling food, drinks and all things FSU will be open for business.
21. Where do I park for the Block Party?
- There is a parking deck below Kleman Plaza that offers the best parking for early arrivals. Fans line the streets for parking and the Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center is within easy walking distance.
Other FSU Events and Activities
- FSU Men's Basketball Home Opener vs. Jacksonville
- NCAA Soccer - Florida State vs. Samford
- Seminole Booster Appreciation Party - 5-7 p.m.
- Join us on the grass at Kleman Plaza in downtown Tallahassee for free food, beverage and music and allow us to say thank you for being a Seminole Booster Member. RSVP today