Florida State vs. Oklahoma Notes
Notes from tonight's game
Sept. 18, 2011
Final Stats |
FLORIDA STATE VS. OKLAHOMA FINAL GAME NOTES
• Florida State set a Doak Campbell Stadium attendance record tonight of 84,392. The previous record was 84,347 set versus Miami on Sept. 5, 2005.
SEMINOLES HOLD SOONERS TO JUST 310 YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE
• It's the lowest total offensive mark for the Sooners since they had 310 yards at Texas Tech on Nov. 21, 2009.
SEMINOLE DEFENSE HOLDS JONES TO SECOND-LOWEST YARDAGE TOTAL
• Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones passed for just 199 yards, his lowest output in a game he started since passing for just 188 yards in a 21-20 loss at Miami on Oct. 3, 2009.
GREENE FIRST PLAYER WITH RECEIVING TDS IN THREE STRAIGHT GAMES SINCE 2009
• Rashad Greene's 56-yard touchdown with 9:32 left in the game made him the first Seminole since Rod Owens in 2009 to have three straight games with touchdown passes.
• Owens had touchdowns against Georgia Tech (Oct. 10, 2009), North Carolina (Oct. 22, 2009) and NC State (Oct. 31, 2009).
• After connecting for a touchdown on the very first play for both in the season-opener, Trickett and Greene have yet to slow down.
• Trickett found Greene on third-and-28 for a 56-yard touchdown with 9:32 remaining in the game.
• The score and Hopkins' point after tied the game at 13-13. |
• He was the leading receiver for FSU with 70 yards. He had three catches.
• On the season he has six catches for 196 yards and four touchdowns. He is averaging 32.7 yards per catch.
POWELL'S CAREER-BEST PUNT
• Senior Shawn Powell recorded a career-long 69-yard punt with 12:57 remaining in the fourth quarter.
• He raises his career average to 42.97, which allows him to remain the career leader.
HOPKINS MAKES FOURTH CAREER 50-YARDER
• Junior kicker Dustin Hopkins made a 53-yard field goal at 2:44 in the first quarter. Hopkins now has four career 50-yard field goals. It's the fourth-most in school history. He is 4-of-7 from 52-yards and beyond.
• The field goal is tied for sixth longest in school history.
• Gives Hopkins 10 straight made field goals in Doak Campbell Stadium.
• It's Hopkins' second 50-yard field goal against Oklahoma. He had a 52-yarder versus the Sooners in 2010.
MORE ON HOPKINS
• Hopkins made two field goals and two extra points tonight.
• He has now made 13 consecutive field goal attempts, a career high.
• He has now made 100 consecutive point after touchdown kicks.
FLORIDA STATE GAME CAPTAINS
• Senior safety Terrance Parks, junior kicker Dustin Hopkins, and senior offensive guard David Spurlock
OKLAHOMA'S QUICK START
• Sooners' quarterback Landry Jones' 1-yard touchdown run at 8:35 in the first half on the first drive of the game was the first score by an opponent in the first half this season.
• Oklahoma's opening drive of 15 plays, 80 yards and 6 minutes, 25 seconds was the longest drive against the Seminoles in terms of plays, yardage and time this season.
• It was the first time an opponent scored on their opening drive since Florida scored on its initial possession on Nov. 27, 2010 to take a 7-3 lead.
EJ CAN RUN, TOO
• EJ Manuel's 28-yard run at the 5:06 mark in the first quarter was his season-best and just four yards off his career-best dash of 32 yards set in 2010 against South Carolina in the 2010 Chick-fil-A Bowl.
BRADHAM'S BIG PLAY
• With 47 seconds left in the first quarter, senior linebacker Nigel Bradham intercepted Landry Jones' pass when sophomore safety Lamarcus Joyner hit him as he threw.
• It's his second career interception and first since the Brigham Young game in 2009.
• Jones had gone 55 pass attempts this season without an interception.
NOTABLE FORMER PLAYERS ON THE SIDELINES
• Reinard Wilson, Corey Fuller, Harold Battles, Ron Simmons, Brad Johnson, Brian Allen, Travis Johnson, Derrick Alexander, Connell Spain, Kyler Hall, Dexter Carter and Chris Weinke.
WERNER MAKES CAREER-BEST SIX TACKLES
• Sophomore defensive end Bjoern Werner made a career-best seven tackles and recorded his second sack of the season.
MANUEL GOES DOWN
• Quarterback EJ Manuel left the game with a bruised left shoulder at 5:42 in the third quarter.