· Florida State's starter at the left defensive end position.
· Played in and started 10 games at the left end position - each of the final 10 games of the season.
· Totaled 19 tackles, 11.0 tackles for loss and a single-season career-high 5.5 quarterback sacks.
· His average of 1.1 TFL per game was among the best in the FBS in 2008 (t-58).
· Sixth in the ACC in fumbles recovered.
· Recorded the first interception of his career and returned it for a touchdown in the Seminoles' victory over Clemson.
· The first interception returned for a touchdown by a Seminole interior lineman (where he was playing in that formation) since 1991.
· Season-high of five tackles came against Boston College while four stops came in the regular season finale against Florida.
· Had one of the best games of his career in his final game in Garnet and Gold recording three tackles for loss, a sack and a forced fumble that was returned for the first touchdown of the game.
· Multiple tackles in five of his final six games of the regular season.
· Nine tackles for loss tied his career-high of 9.0 during the 2007 season and gave him 18 in the last two seasons and 22.5 during his Florida State career.
· Season-high 3.0 tackles for loss came against Wisconsin in his final game as a Seminole.
· 5.5 quarterback sacks was a single-season career high and matched his total for the first three seasons of his career.
· Finished his career with 10 QB sacks.
· Quarterback sacks against six different teams including Clemson, ACC finalist Boston College ans in the 2008 Champs Sports Bowl.
· Played in 36 career games.
· Ten starts in 2008 rank as his single season career high.
· A starter in 17 games during his career.
· ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week for his performance against Clemson.
· Earned his degree in political science in December of 2008.
Junior Year (2007): Played in all 12 regular season games while starting six games at left end and one game at right end...his seven starts rank as a personal single-season career-high...a starter against Clemson, UAB, Colorado, Alabama, Maryland and Florida at the left end and Virginia Tech at the right end...has played in 36 games while starting nine during his three-year Florida State career...earned his career-high of 19 tackles and ranked third with a career-high nine tackles for minus yardage...he nearly matched his first two-year total for tackles (22), doubled his two-year total of tackles for minus yards (4.5) and broke his two-year total of sacks (2.0)...tied for the team lead with a career-high two forced fumbles...recorded his career-high of six tackles - including 1.5 tackles for minus yardage and 0.5 quarterback sacks - in his most dominating performance of the season against Colorado from the left end position...claimed three tackles against Clemson and Wake Forest...a career-high three tackles for minus yardage came against Wake Forest in a game nationally televised on a Thursday night by ESPN...also 2.5 tackles for minus yardage in the season opener against Clemson.
Sophomore Year (2006): Played in all 13 games and was the starter at the left defensive end position against Maryland and Virginia...recorded his single-season career-high of 13 tackles including 2.5 tackles for minus yardage...career-high three tackles in back-to-back games against Troy and Clemson...also added three tackles in the Seminoles' victory over Virginia...a strong pass rusher who had one tackle for minus yardage against Rice and a half a tackle behind the line of scrimmage against Troy, Clemson and Duke...very active with a fumble caused and a fumble recovery in the Seminoles' victory over Rice...also a single-game career-high two pass break-ups in the win over Rice.
Freshman Year (2005): Played in 11 games as a true freshman... recorded nine tackles, three for loss, two sacks and two quarterback hurries...served as the back-up to veteran ends Kamerion Wimbley and Darrell Burston...became a fixture on defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews' vaunted goal line front that preserved two victories by holding Miami and Boston College scoreless after starting first and goal from the Florida State two...had one sack in the opener against Miami and a half sack against Syracuse and Virginia Tech.
High School: Graduated from Palm Bay in 2005...a four-star player by Rivals.com and 15th-ranked outside linebacker in the country...the 13th rated defensive end nationally according to Tom Lemming of ESPN.com...had 160 tackles, eight sacks and four forced fumbles as a senior...as a junior defensive end, he had 100 tackles and 16 sacks...chose Florida State over Miami, Oklahoma and Georgia.
Personal: Born Aug. 11, 1987...a political science major...name is pronounced KNEE-fee MOFF-it.