· The Seminoles starter at the right defensive end position in each of the 13 games during the 2008 regular season.
· Earned All-America second team honors by Phil Steele, Rivals.com, Associated Press, Scout.com and Walter Camp.
· Third team All-American by SI.com and honorable mention All-American according to Pro Football Weekly.
· The runner-up for ACC Player of the Year honors.
· The runner-up as the ACC Defensive Player of the Year.
· Earned All-ACC First Team honors.
· A finalist for the Ted Hendricks Award as the nation's top defensive end.
· The Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the Seminoles' 37-3 victory over Maryland.
· ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week for his performances against Virginia Tech and Maryland.
· Defensive Most Valuable Player for the Seminoles as picked by the coaching staff.
· Finished the season third in the nation in sacks (13.5) and tied for fourth in the FBS in tackles for loss (21.5).
· The only player to rank in the top four of the FBS in both sacks and tackles for loss.
· Team leader with a career-high 21.5 tackles for loss and the team leader with a career-high 13.5 quarterback sacks.
· Led the ACC in tackles for loss (21.5) and quarterback sacks (13.5).
· His 21.5 tackles for loss ranks as the second highest single-season total in school history with the single-season record of 25.0 set by Broderick Bunkley during the 2005 season.
· Ranks second in school history with 46.5 tackles for loss.
· Ranks third all-time for a single-season with 13.5 quarterback sacks and fifth all-time with 23.0 career quarterback sacks.
· Ranks sixth on the team in tackles with 36 stops - the most by any of the Seminoles' defensive linemen.
· Career-high 30 unassisted tackles and 34 total tackles.
· Completed his FSU with 100 career tackles in just three seasons.
· At least one tackle for loss in 11 of the Seminoles' 13 games and multiple tackles for loss in six of 13 games.
· Single-season career-high 4.5 tackles for loss in a monstrous effort in the Seminoles' 37-3 destruction of Maryland.
· Earned 4.0 tackles for loss in the Seminoles' victory over ACC Champion Virginia Tech.
· Quarterback sack in six of Florida State's 13 games with a season-high 3.5 sacks against Maryland.
· At least 3.0 sacks in three different games (Virginia Tech, Clemson and Maryland).
· Multiple sacks in four different games.
Sophomore Year (2007): Florida State's starter at the left defensive end position where he earned a career-high eight starting assignments for the season...also recorded one start on the right side...has played in 26 consecutive games in his fi rst two seasons as a Seminole...led the team in sacks...led all defensive linemen in tackles and tackles for loss...totaled a single-season career-high 37 tackles, a single-season career-high 6.5 quarterback sacks and 11.5 tackles for minus yardage...more than doubled his sack total from his freshman season...has 25 career tackles for minus yardage to rank 15th in school history with two seasons remaining in his collegiate career... has tackles for minus yardage in 15 of his 26 career games...has more career tackles for loss than any current Seminole...has 9.5 quarterback sacks in his fi rst two seasons and will undoubtedly move into Florida State's all-time top-10 for career sacks before his career in Tallahassee is over...had a sack in four straight games (Colorado, Alabama, NC State and Wake Forest), which was the longest streak since fi rst round draft pick Brodrick Bunkley did it in fi ve straight games in 2005...his career-high of seven tackles came against Virginia Tech with fi ve stops coming in the Seminoles' victory over NC State...recorded two tackles for minus yardage in consecutive games against Alabama, NC State and Wake Forest...a single-game career-high two quarterback sacks in the Seminoles' victory over Alabama.
Freshman Year (2006): Freshman All-America and All-ACC Freshman team honoree by The Sporting News...played in all 13 games while starting three games (Rice, NC State, Duke) when Darrell Burston was moved to the left end position because of an injury...totaled nine tackles as a starter including a single-game career high six in the Seminoles' victory at Duke...two tackles for minus yardage against the Blue Devils...fi nished eighth on the team and second among Seminole freshmen (behind Freshman All-American honoree Myron Rolle) in tackles with 27...second on the team in tackles for minus yardage with 13.5 and tied for third on the team with three quarterback sacks... at least one tackle in 12 of Florida State's 13 games...sacks came against Duke, Boston College and UCLA in the Emerald Bowl...tackles for minus yardage came in seven of the Seminoles' 13 games...totaled a single-game career-high 3.5 tackles for loss against ACC Champion Wake Forest...earned his fi rst career blocked kick on a fi eld goal attempt in Florida State's victory over Troy.
2005: A redshirt season.
High School: Graduated from Beddingfi eld High School in 2005...a four-star player by Rivals.com...rated No. 78 overall player in the country and the No. 3 weakside defensive end in the nation according to Rivals.com...rated the No. 5 player in North Carolina and the state's No. 1 defensive lineman...also rated the No. 5 overall player in North Carolina by Superprep Magazine and the No. 20 defensive lineman nationally...recorded 120 tackles with 16 sacks as a senior...caught 40 passes for 770 yards and 10 touchdowns as a tight end...played in the Shrine Bowl All-Star game...chose Florida State over North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Georgia and NC State.
Personal: Born Aug. 7, 1987...major is social science...one of Florida State's leaders when it comes to community service...donates his time freely...has volunteered at Riley Elementary and Speight Middle School, with booster groups, The Able Trust, MDA Summer Camp, Tallahassee Seminole Club, Dick Howser Center for Childhood Services, Life Skills Center and Read Across America among many others.
TCKLS G UA A Total TFL Yds PD FF FR
2005 2 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2006 13 16 11 27 13.5 45 0 0 0
2007 13 24 13 37 11.5 54 3 1 0
2008 13 30 6 36 21.5 130 2 4 1
TOTAL 41 70 30 100 46.5 229 5 5 1
SACKS G UA A Total Yds
2005 2 0 0 0.0 0
2006 13 2 2 3.0 21
2007 13 6 1 6.5 41
2008 13 13 1 13.5 97
TOTAL 41 21 4 23.0 159
Tackles 7, at Virginia Tech, 2007
TFL 4.5, at Maryland, 2008
QB Sacks 3.5, at Maryland, 2008
Kicks Blocked 1, Troy, 2006