30 Monte Cummings
* 2000-01 Season Averages: 10.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.7
assists and 23.2 minutes per game in 30 games played (1
* Led Seminoles in scoring five times during the 2000-01
season: twice versus Duke (19 & 13 points), against UNC
Asheville (19 points), at Georgia Tech (17 points) and at NC
State (11 points).
* Averaged 14.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.0 steals in four
games against Duke (Jan. 4), UNC Asheville
(Jan. 6), Wake Forest (Jan. 9) and Maryland (Jan. 16).
* Scored his career-high of 19 points against Duke (Jan. 4) and
against UNC Asheville (Jan. 6).
* Played in 29 games during his firsrt season at Florida State
and earned his first career Division I start against Furman
(Dec. 4). Responded with eight points and two rebounds in 26
minutes of play.
* Established a career-high with four steals against Maryland
on Feb. 14.
* Attended Manatee Junior College in Manatee, Fla. during the
1995 fall semester.
* Born on Sept. 18, 1976 in Chapel Hill, N.C. and is 24 years
old. He was a die-hard North Carolina Tar Heel fan through
the first 17 years of his life. He is now a stalwart Florida
* Lived in Kinston, N.C. for two years and attended his
freshman and sophomore years at Kinston High School.
* Graduated from Shanks High School in Quincy, Fla. after
attending his junior and senior years at the school.
* Joined the Army in May of 1996 and completed his basic
training at Fort Jackson, S.C. He was stationed at
Giedelstadt, Germany during his tour of duty.
* Earned three stripes as a patrol supply specialist during his
time in the Army. The three stripes was the highest grade he
was eligible to receive during his tour.
* Spent six months in Tebela, Hungary during the Bosnian
Conflict. His unit was in line to receive orders to go to
Bosnia during the conflict. His unit however, was never
stationed in Bosnia. They were stationed in Hungary during
the final part of the conflict. Cummings and his unit were
stationed as a half-way point for U.S. plane refueling and re-
supplying. Cummings and the unit saw action in Bosnia as they
flew “drop-in” missions into the war-torn area.
* Lived in Chapel Hill, N.C. until he finished his eighth-grade
* Scored 37 points against Georgetown University as a member of
the Armed Forces All-Star team in an exhibition game prior to
the beginning of the 1998 season.