The Westcott building was constructed in 1909 and occupied in 1911. It was known as the Administration Building until 1936 when it was officially named the James D. Westcott, Jr. Memorial Building by the Board of Control, the predecessor of the Board of Regents. James D. Westcott, Jr. was born in Tallahassee in 1893 and served the State of Florida as Attorney General and as a Supreme Court justice. The Westcott building burned in 1969 and when it was renovated, the fourth floor, previously an attic, was added as regular office space. An auditorium was added to the building in 1917 and later named Ruby Diamond Auditorium, after Miss Ruby Diamond who attended Florida State College for Women and later became a benefactor of the University.