f s u header image
f s u header image

Replay Photo DVD Store Seminole Dispatch Travel ISP

From The Desk Of Randy Spetman

Florida State University Director of Athletics Randy Spetman wants to hear from you! In a new feature series on Seminoles.com, Randy will be taking your questions and providing his insights from inside the Moore Athletics Center.

Please submit your questions by Monday at 8pm and check back on Wednesday at noon to see if your question has been selected.

Boris, Orlando: Greetings Mr. Spetman, I would like to know what is the latest on the indoor practice facilities? Thank you. Go 'Noles!
Randy Spetman: The indoor football practice facility remains one of our top priorities, but the simple truth is that now is not a great time to be out trying to do much fund raising. The economy has hit this University and all our fans hard and we are sensitive to the circumstances we are facing. The plans have been drawn up and the location has been selected. We would like to build the facility within the footprint of our current practice fields, which will require that we rotate one of the grass fields to run in the opposite direction it does now. We do have some seed money committed for the project and a number of interested donors, but are not at a point to announce any kind of time line. Here are some preliminary pictures that have been provided by Ellerbe Becket design firm.

Johnathan (Jacksonville): Are there any plans in the next few years to change the seating colors (mabye to garnet) of the civic center?
Randy Spetman: Your question reminded me that perhaps some of our fans don't realize that the Tucker Center is not owned by Florida State University. The Tucker Center, also known as the Civic Center, is owned by the city and we are one of the many groups who lease it for use. FSU actually is the largest client of the Tucker Center by a significant margin and in recent years their board has allowed us to create much more of a "home" atmosphere by giving us permission to create more garnet and gold in the concourses as well as "Seminole" themed graphics. The multi-colored seats popular when the Tucker Center opened do date the facility and work against an FSU look, and we are exploring lots of options on changes we would like to see.

Bob (Atlanta): What is the idea behind the Young Alumni group I just saw announced?
Randy Spetman: I'm glad you've already read about the new Young Alumni program. In a nutshell, most schools, including Florida State, have a difficult time keeping up with their students and fans right after they graduate from the school. All the addresses change and usually the phone numbers switch. As a young college graduate, you are usually swamped with establishing a career, home and perhaps family so your priorities change a bit. The Young Alumni program is designed to help all FSU graduates for their first three years out of school by offering a reduced rate season football ticket as well as 50 percent off a Seminole Booster membership. The reduced rate with the Boosters allows the young fans to build Booster points twice as fast as they could over that three year period where their donation of say $300.00 per year is recorded as $600.00 with the Boosters and puts them into a priority seating option. The reduced ticket price recognizes that maybe they cannot get to all the games and the value is even greater since a season ticket holder now has the option to sell tickets not being used on-line to other FSU fans.

John (Birmingham, AL): Randy, What game is the blackout game this year?
Randy Spetman: We will not have a black out game in 2009. However, our marketing and promotions office has something very special planned that they tell me they don't want to release just yet. Stay tuned.

Name (City):
Submit your question here:

#
# #
#