After West Virginia beat Clemson to a pulp in last night's Orange Bowl, the 2011 college football season for the 12 ACC-member schools has officially come to an end.
That means all statistics for the year are final and the ACC has those updated numbers on its website right now.
Florida State finished first in the league in:
- -scoring defense (15.1 ppg)
- -total defense (275.0 ypg)
- -rushing defense (82.7 ypg)
- -pass defense (192.3 ypg)
- -kickoff returns (26.5 ypg despite having the fewest number of returns of anyone in the league)
- -punting (41.3 avg.)
- -kickoff coverage (48.6 avg.)
- -field goals (tied with Clemson at .815 pct.)
- -PAT kicking (tied with six others at 1.000 pct.)
- -opponent first downs (15.8 avg.)
As for individuals, Dustin Hopkins led the ACC in scoring (8.5 ppg.) and field goals (1.69 made per game) and Shawn Powell was the best in the conference in punting (47.0).