TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -XOS Digital, Inc., the leading provider of content management solutions and digital media services for collegiate and professional sports organizations, has announced the official release of the latest addition to the XOS Thunder™ coaching product line, the XOS Thunder HD Football editing system.
"To ensure the new Thunder HD system would operate efficiently and withstand ongoing stress, XOS released a beta version in early February to six schools for testing," Chris McCleary, CEO, XOS Digital, said. "The feedback we received was incredible, and we are excited to officially release Thunder HD to the entire football market."
Florida State is one of those schools that is currently employing the technology as it has done all spring and will utilize at Saturday's Garnet & Gold Game and moving forward in the future under the guidance of FSU Video Coordinator Craig Campanozzi and FSU Assistant Video Coordinator Mike Bracken.
"This technology is great because it allows us the opportunity to provide HD video to the coaches," Bracken said. "We have shot in HD in the past but the video that we distributed to the coaches wasn't in HD. We did a major upgrade since we knew it was coming and now our computers have the processing power to keep that top-notch quality. The workflow and quality are incredible. It also helps us save a lot of time when we are breaking down film because of the powerful processing power."
The HD platform offers four times the resolution of today's standard definition video, and at a quarter of the bandwidth. XOS Thunder HD provides high quality video in small file sizes which reduces the time spent capturing editing and distributing video.
Panasonic's P2 camera enables the FSU coaches video department to shoot video and store it directly on memory cards. FSU also uses Panasonic's camera HMR-10 storage device to record full HD resolution images onto low-cost SD memory cards in three different recording modes. With the adoption of Advanced Video Coding High Definition (AVCHD) standards, a number of devices can be used for ingesting video.
XOS Thunder HD is compatible with an array of XOS Football products that are designed to maximize preparation time for football programs. These include:
· XOS Game Analysis: Combines many time-saving data entry features with fully interactive reports to allow a staff to put together and present a game plan more efficiently.
· XOS PlayTools: Enables coaching staffs to create and manage the thousands of play diagrams they process during a season.
· XOS Player on Demand: Provides coaching staffs with the ability to streamline their recruiting process.
· XOS PlayAction Simulator: A virtual-reality training and evaluation tool designed to serve the needs of both collegiate and professional football players and coaches, utilizing a partnership with EA Sports.
· XOS Lightning powered by Hudl: A wide-area content distribution platform for sports organizations that extends the power of XOS Thunder outside the walls of their complexes.
For more information about XOS Digital's products and services, visit www.xosdigital.com.
About XOS Digital, Incorporated:
Founded in 1999, XOS Digital is the leading provider of digital asset management solutions for collegiate and professional sports organizations. Conference officials, league offices, coaching staffs and athletic departments rely on the XOS portfolio of products and services to manage, analyze, archive, distribute, protect and monetize their digital assets. The XOS Thunder™ Coaching Platform, XOS Xchange™, XOS PlayerOnDemand™, XOS Digital Licensing Portal™, and the XOS Digital Sports Network™ digital media distribution technology provide the most advanced, comprehensive digital asset management solution available in the world. For more information, visit www.xosdigital.com.