Not only did Maurice Leo compete, she won the "Final Fork" cooking challenge. Congrats Mo!
The complete recipe is listed below:
- · 1 pork tenderloin, sliced thin and pounded
- · Salt and pepper
- · Wondra flour, for coating
- · 2 eggs
- · Plain breadcrumbs
- · A handful Italian parsley
- · About 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
- · 2 garlic cloves, minced
- · Olive oil or canola oil, for frying
- · 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- · 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- · Slider rolls
Dip cutlets in Wondra mixed with salt and pepper.
Beat eggs in a shallow dish with a splash of water. Dip cutlets in egg wash
Dredge cutlets in breadcrumbs mixed with parsley, half the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cutlets and quickly fry cutlets until golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Add some tomato sauce to the frying pan. Add cooked cutlets back to the pan and top with a little grated parm, additional sauce and a slice of mozzarella. Cover pan to melt cheese.
Serve cutlets on slider rolls.