North Carolina head coach Butch Davis was the next to address the media after a brief break here in Greensboro. Here's what he had to say.
- Coach Davis began with an opening statement about his NCAA review and the agent controversy surrounding UNC
- He was asked a lot of questions about agents and whether or not they should have contact with student-athletes
- UNC was picked to finish 4th in the Coastal Division
- Butch Davis thinks that the ACC has become a very strong conference, and he says it might be the most competitive conference in the nation
- Davis has not addressed his team about the agent controversy, but he will talk to them next week before camp begins, and will re-assure them to do the right things
- Davis believes that the past 2 years have been a great learning experience for QB T.J. Yates, and he believes that Yates has learned and will play more efficiently and smart in 2010
- Davis said it was definitely "odd" seeing Jimbo Fisher here at ACC Kickoff instead of Bobby Bowden, and that it will be different not having him on the sidelines this season
- Bowden was an idol to Davis as a young coach, and he really looked up to him
- He's excited to match up against an SEC team (LSU) to begin the season in Atlanta
- Davis was asked numerous questions about NCAA allegations, but cannot answer many of them due to NCAA rules and ongoing investigations
- Davis believes that defensive team speed will be one of the team's greatest assets this year, and they've never had this sort of depth in the secondary and linebacker position
That's all for Butch Davis, and we'll have Frank Beamer from Virginia Tech up next.