Multiple current and former Seminoles have been busy this summer.
Benjamin Lock wins his fourth ATP point.
Former Seminole Vahid Mirzadeh played in his first 250 ATP Doubles Main Draw.
Fall Season 2009: Entered the fall ranked No. 8 in singles and No. 7 in doubles with partner Vahid Mirzadeh...Aubone was named Most Outstanding Player of the Olympia Fields Country Club Invitational, held from Sept. 18-20...went 3-3 in regular season singles competition and 2-3 in doubles after playing through an injury.
Junior Year: Thanks to another tremendous season, Jean-Yves Aubone has the opportunity to become the greatest tennis player in the history of the program. During his junior campaign, Aubone earned All-American honors for the second consecutive season becoming the first player in Florida State history to achieve the honor twice. He also earned ACC Player of the Year accolades after going 9-1 in conference play in singles. In doubles he teamed with Vahid Mirzadeh to reach a season high ranking of No. 19 which earned them a berth into the NCAA Doubles Championships.
Sophomore Year: Jean-Yves Aubone enjoyed won of the most successful season's in the history of the Florida State tennis program. He climbed the rankings to the No. 13 position which is the highest singles ranking in Seminole history. Aubone's top 16 ranking earned him NCAA All-American status and an automatic berth into the NCAA tournament where he advanced to the second round. In double's he teamed with Clint Bowles to set the FSU record for doubles victories in a single season (28) and the duo advanced to the second round of the NCAA doubles tournament.
- 2009 ACC Player of the Year
- Highest ranked Seminole in the history of the program (No. 8 - 9/4/2009)
- First two-time singles All-American in school history
- Two-Time All-ACC
- Won two USTA Futures events in 2008.
- Advanced to the second round of qualifying at the 2008 U.S. Open
- Defeated No. 3 Daniel Vallverdu in the semifinals of the 2008 ACC Tournament
- Enters the fall ranked No. 7 in doubles with partner Vahid Mirzadeh
- Owns the Florida State record for most doubles victories in a singles season (Bowles)
- Won the 2007 Seminole Invitational doubles title with Bowles
- Two-time member of the All-ACC Academic Team
- Three-time member of the ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Third-team Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar award winner
High School and Other Accomplishments: Considered the No. 1 juniors player in Florida and ranked as high as No. 3 in the nation in the USTA singles national rankings... his 2004 highlights include reaching the singles semifinals at the boys' 18 USTA National Clay Court Championships and the doubles semifinals at the boys' 16 USTA National Hard Court Championships...Aubone was chosen to represent the United States in the 16-and-under Junior Davis Cup competition where he went undefeated in both singles and doubles at the North/Central America and Caribbean Regional Qualifying Junior Davis Cup in May and led Team USA to a sixth-place finish at the Junior Davis Cup Final in Barcelona, Spain.
Personal: Pronounced Jon-EEs OW-bone-ay... born Jan. 6, 1988... son of Willie and Ana Aubone... picked FSU over Georgia, Illinois, and Miami... father was a professional tennis player where he competed in all the grand slams... majoring in sport management.