Junior Year: Cloer was one of Florida State's most consistent points in 2008. As the heart and soul of the Seminole's, Cloer amassed 22 singles victories including 16 during the dual-match season. He ended the year with an eight match winning streak and did not drop a set in those eight wins. Cloer's quickness allows him to get to nearly every ball and he can trade ground strokes with the very best in collegiate tennis.
- Has a career singles record of 62-21.
- Won the "B" Draw doubles championships at the 2008 Seminole Invitational with partner Ryan Boyajian.
- Tied a team high with eight consecutive dual-match victories in 2008.
- Won 20 single's matches for the second consecutive season.
- Has a career 4-0 singles record in NCAA Tournament matches with two unfinished matches.
- Won the ITA Summer Circuit singles title in Tallahassee in 2007.
- Advanced to the semifinals at the National ITA Summer Circuit Championships in 2007.
- Advanced to the finals of the 2006 Southern Intercollegiate Championships.
High School and Other Accomplishments: A two-time, back-to-back, North Carolina High School State Champion in 2004 and 2005...Was ranked as the No. 3 player in North Carolina...Clinched the 2003 Southern Sportsmanship Award...Named Brevard High School Most Valuable Player all four seasons.
Personal: Born September 24, 1986... the younger brother of former FSU All-American Mat Cloer... graduated high school early and enrolled at FSU in Jan. of 2006... son of Ernie and Pam Cloer... has three siblings: Mat, Britney and Amie... would like to pursue a coaching career upon completion of college... majoring in interdisciplinary social science.