17 Ella Stephan
The Seminoles have won two in a row over the Tar Heels.
The junior defender was named CollegeSoccer360 Primetime Player of the Week.
The Seminoles hand the Tar Heels their first-ever loss in the ACC Tournament on Sunday.
Tori Huster and Tiffany McCarty each register three points in the win.
Tiffany McCarty tallies a game-high three points as she becomes FSU's all-time goal scoring leader.
* NSCAA South Scholar All-Region Second Team (2011).
* NSCAA Southeast Scholar All-Region Second Team (2010).
* ACC All-Academic Team (2011).
* Three-time ACC Academic Honor Roll honoree (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11).
* Soccer Buzz Southeast Region All-Freshman Team (2008).
* Weekly honors: ACC Player of the Week (10/27/09); Soccer America Team of the Week (10/26/09); TopDrawerSoccer.com Team of the Week (10/26/09); NSCAA Player of the Week (10/28/09).
* FSU Dean's List (Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Fall 2011).
* FSU President's List - 4.0 GPA (Spring 2008).
* Played in 20 games making 15 starts in leading FSU to its fifth College Cup appearances.
* Registered a season-high 13 shots including six shots on goal good for a .462 shots on goal percentage...fired a career-high four shots in a home win over Miami.
* Finished with a point assisting on a goal against North Carolina in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament.
* The assist led to Jessica Price's golden goal against UNC handing the Tar Heels their first loss in ACC Tournament history...Stephan's shot off a corner went off the crossbar before Price knocked in the loose ball for the goal.
* Thrived playing against North Carolina throughout her four-year career recording three points on a goal and an assist as all three points resulted in game-winners for the Seminoles.
* Played every minute in the regular season finale against Virginia Tech and then in the ACC Quarterfinals against North Carolina.
* Started the first two games of the NCAA Tournament in leading FSU to wins over Samford and Portland...saw action in the national semifinal game against Stanford.
* Participated in 20 matches, starting 18 as a junior in 2010.
* Totaled 1,272 minutes on the pitch.
* Scored her first and only goal of the season in the Seminoles big win against Marquette in the Sweet 16 to advance FSU into the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight for the sixth year in a row.
* Started in the ACC Tournament first round game against Wake Forest and was credited with an assist on FSU's lone goal.
* Finished the season with three points on a goal and an assist, while recording six shots including three on goal.
* Helped lead the Seminoles to the top ranked defense in the ACC during the regular season allowing a league-low five goals against conference foes and 14 goals during the regular season.
* Leader of a defensive unit that opened the season posting three consecutive shutouts only the second time it has happened in school history.
* Part of a defensive unit that posted an ACC best 13 shutouts including a league best six shutouts in ACC play en route to a conference best 0.49 goal against average in ACC action.
* Her goal in the postseason against Marquette marked the second straight year that she has recorded a goal in the NCAA Tournament.
* Started all four games in the NCAA Tournament and the last 12 played by the Seminoles dating back to the 2008 season.
* Played in 16 games making 14 starts after missing the first half of the season due to injury.
* Finished her sophomore campaign establishing career-highs for points, goals, assists, shots, game-winning goals and game-winning assists.
* Tallied seven points on three goals and one assist in over 1300 minutes of action.
* Had a career night recording her first collegiate goal and assist in the season opener against Jacksonville...picked up an assist on Becky Edwards first goal of the evening and scored the first goal of the second half.
* Returned to the starting line-up at Duke tallying a season-high 110 minutes on the pitch in a scoreless tie against the Blue Devils.
* Tied a career-high with two shots against Duke as both shots were on goal...marked her first career shots against an ACC opponent.
* First career game-winning goal came in FSU's double-overtime victory over North Carolina...scored the golden goal on a header off a corner with 12 seconds remaining in double overtime to complete the Seminoles come-from-behind victory at home.
* Goal against UNC was her first career point against a league opponent.
* Finished the season playing every minute of every game after returning to the starting line-up against Duke on Oct. 11.
* Part of a defensive unit that posted consecutive shutouts in the ACC Tournament for just the second time in school history
. * Scored her third goal of the season in a 4-1 victory over SE Louisiana in the first round of the NCAA Tournament...scored on a header off a corner.
* Ranked fourth on the team in minutes played with 1,820 averaging over 86 minutes a game.
* Played every minute in 14 of 21 starts as a freshman including a season-high 110 minutes twice against South Carolina and Virginia Tech in the ACC Tournament.
* One of only two Seminole freshmen (Tori Huster) in 2008 to start every game she played.
* Led all FSU freshmen in minutes played and second in games started.
* Part of a defensive unit that put together four consecutive shutout victories in league play for the first time in school history.
* Seminole defense finished the season ranked ninth nationally in shutout percentage and 18th in goals against average.
* Helped Florida State lead the ACC in fewest goals allowed with 15, while ranking second in goals against average (0.63) and shutouts (14)...14 shutouts tied the school record set in 2006.
* Limited the opposition to a goal or less in 18 of 23 games.
* First shot of her career came in the opening round of the ACC Tournament in the final minutes of the second overtime against Virginia Tech...finished the year with three shots.
* Started all four games in the Seminoles' postseason run to the NCAA Quarterfinals...played all 90 minutes in the first three games of the tournament.
* Recorded a season-high two shots in the Seminoles' third round match-up against Boston College.
* Led a Florida State defense that opened NCAA Tournament play by posting three consecutive shutouts for the second year in a row - tied the school record for shutouts in postseason play.
* Arrived on campus in January of 2008 enrolling at FSU for the spring semester.
U.S. NATIONAL TEAM:
* Member of the U.S. U-17 National Team in 2006 earning a starting spot in a friendly against Argentina's World Cup team in Argentina.
* 2008 U-20 National Team pool member.
* Competed with the U-20 team at the Four Nations Tournament in LaSerena, Chile in February of 2008...started against Chile and played all 90 minutes in a 5-1 victory for the United States.
* Member of the U.S. U-23 National Team that traveled to play a pair of matches in England in July of 2009.
* Started for the ODP Region III team in 2004 and 2005.
* Played with Space Coast United...named co-captain and member of the state champion squad in 2007.
* Started for the Cocoa Expos of the W-League in 2006...co-captain of the Indialantic Force state champion team in 2005 and 2006.
* Continued her W-League experience playing for the Boston Renegades in the summer of 2008...earned a spot on the W-League Team of the Week for her defensive performance against Jersey in week one.
* Played for the Pali Blues of the W-League during the summer of 2009 and 2010...named to the W-League Team of the Week in 2009 as a member of the Blues for the second time in her career.
* 2007 & 2008 PARADE All-American...named to the 2008 Central Florida All-Area Soccer Team.
* Earned NSCAA/adidas High School All-America and All-Region honors in 2007...garnered NSCAA/adidas Youth All-American accolades in 2006 and 2007...as a senior (2006-07) at Satellite was named Gatorade Player of the Year, All-Space Coast Player of the Year, NSCAA/adidas High School Player of the Year and received the Wendy's High School Heisman Award...five-time All-Space Coast Team honoree while earning a spot on the All-State second team in 2005.
* Six-year varsity starter for Satellite High...served as captain guiding her squad to the state championship in 2007.
* 2005 National Latin Examination Magna Cum Laude...2007 Brevard Public Schools Award of Excellence.
* Named a top 25 recruit by Soccer Buzz.
* Daughter of Cassie Stephan.
* Majoring in nutrition.