13 Amanda DaCosta
Dagny Brynjarsdottir and Kassey Kallman garner first team MVP honors.
The Seminoles are one of seven programs to have multiple student-athletes on the watch list.
2010 Accolades: Served as the official team captain in 2010...Named First Team All-ACC member, the fourth All-ACC honor of her career which is the most in school history...One of two Seminoles (along with Toni Pressley) named to the 2010 NSCAA/Performance Subaru Women's NCAA Division I Women's Soccer All-America Team as a third team member...One of seven Semioles named to the 2011 ACC All Academic Team, the most in school history...Named to Lowe's Senior CLASS Award list...Named to the Washington State Invitational All-Tournament Team...Ranked as high as 14th on the Top Drawer Soccer's National Top 100 Women...Top Drawer Soccer's Preseason ACC "Players to Watch" List... NSCAA All-Southeast Region team... One of two current players (Tori Huster) called up for the December U.S. U-23 Women's National Team training camp...Only member of 2010 team to be drafted in the 2011 WPS draft (Washington Freedom).
Highlights: Started in 22 games in 2010, totaling 1640 minutes of play... One of six Seminoles who started and played in every game during the regular season and NCAA Tournament...Finished fifth on the team in both goals (four) and points (ten)... Scored three game-winning goals in 2010 against Washington State, Duke and Clemson which tied for the most game-winners on the team....Posted the game winning assist on Tori Huster's golden goal against Arkansas (Janice Cayman also credited with the assist) to move her to a three way tie for most game-winning assists in school history (10)...Fifth on the team in shots (33), and shots on goal (12)...Finishes her career tied for first all time in FSU history game winning assists (10), third in total assists (24), third in game appearances (96), fourth in games started (94), third in career assists (24) and fifth in career game winning goals (8)...Made an appearance in the Elite Eight for the fourth time in her career...Was a key member to the Florida State defensive effort that allowed only 20 goals all season including an ACC best 14 goals during the regular season...led Florida State to a tremendous defensive effort as they opened the season posting three consecutive shutouts...the three shutouts to open the season marks the second time it has happened in school history with the other time occurring the previous season... Led Florida State to an ACC best 13 shutouts including a conference best six shutouts in ACC play...Key member of a team that allowed an ACC best of five goals allowed in conference play and an ACC best 0.49 goal against average in ACC action.
2009 - Accolades: NSCAA All-Southeast Region Second Team...Second Team All-ACC...ACC All-Tournament team...preseason MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List candidate...Second Team Soccer America preseason All-American...ACC Academic Honor Roll (2009-10)...Dean's List (Fall 2009). Highlights:
* Became just the second, three-time All-ACC honoree at Florida State joining India Trotter (2004-06).
* Finished the season fourth on the team in points (13) with three goals and seven assists...second on the team with three game-winning assists.
* Missed the UAB game due to flu-like symptoms bringing to a close her streak of consecutive games played at 56...had started every match at Florida State since arriving in Tallahassee in 2007, a span covering 56 straight games...played in 24 matches with 22 starts in 2009.
* Tallied three points on a goal and an assist in the season opener against Jacksonville...11 career points on opening day over the last three seasons recording four goals and three assists.
* Three game-winning assists moved her in tie for third all-time at FSU with nine career game-winning assists.
* Tied a career-high with two assists in FSU's second round NCAA Tournament victory over California; second career multi-assist game and first of 2009 - moved into a tie for third all-time at FSU for career assists with 22.
* Recorded a season-high three shots in 85 minutes of action on the road at Duke...matched that season total with three shots at Virginia Tech and in the ACC Tournament vs. Duke.
* Registered first ACC point of the season at Clemson assisting on Tiffany McCarty's first goal of the game to give FSU a 1-0 lead.
* Helped the Seminoles stage a double overtime victory over North Carolina scoring the tying goal in the 85th to make it a 2-2 game; finished the Carolina game with two shots including a shot on goal.
2008 - Accolades: NSCAA and Soccer Buzz First Team All-American...preseason MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List candidate...Soccer Buzz Player of the Year finalist and preseason All-American...NSCAA and Soccer Buzz Southeast Region First Team...Soccer America MVP Second Team...First Team All-ACC. Highlights:
* Joined Leah Gallegos (2003) and Sanna Talonen (2008) as the only student-athletes in Florida State history to earn first team All-America honors as a sophomore.
* Finished the season fifth on the team in points (14) recording four goals and six assists; finished fourth in shots (43) registering at least one shot in 18 straight games while posting a career-high four shots four time (Auburn twice, Virginia and Clemson).
* Involved in six game-winning situations in 2008 with two game-winning goals and a team-high four game-winning assists.
* Four game-winning assists tied for the third most all-time by a Seminole in a single season.
* Tied for second on the team in game-winning goals and tied for third in overall assists.
* Six career game-winning assists places her in the top seven all-time in the career record books at Florida State.
* One of only four players and only sophomore to start every game in 2008 - has started every match for Florida State since arriving in Tallahassee in 2007, a span covering 50 consecutive games.
* Fifth on the team in minutes played with 1,813.
* Scored a career-high two goals in the Seminoles season opener against UCF - one of three multi-point games on the year...tied a career-high with her four-point performance against the Knights.
* Scored a goal against Duke, the eventual game-winner, in a 5-2 Florida State victory - marked her first career game-winning goal in ACC play.
* Started all four games in the Seminoles' postseason run to the NCAA Quarterfinals * Recorded game-winning assists in the first two games of the NCAA Tournament, tied a career-high with four shots against Auburn in the second round.
* Moved into a tie for third all-time for tournament game-winning assists (2)...tied for fourth all-time with three assists in postseason play.
2007 - Accolades: Soccer Buzz National Freshman of the Year - joined teammate Sanna Talonen as the first recipients of National Freshman of the Year honors in school history...Soccer Buzz Second Team All-American...Soccer America & Soccer Buzz First Team Freshman All-American...All-ACC Second Team...All-ACC Freshman Team...NSCAA All-Region Second Team...Soccer Buzz Southeast Region Freshman of the Year...Soccer Buzz Southeast Region First Team & All-Freshman Team...selected to the ACC All-Tournament and NCAA All-Tournament teams... Highlights:
* Became only the second Seminole student-athlete to garner a spot on both the All-ACC & All-Freshman teams in the same year (Emma Breland, 2000).
* Started all 27 games in the Seminole midfield - joined Erin McNulty as the only two freshmen to start every game for FSU.
* Ranked third on the team with 21 points, third in assists (9) and fourth in goals (6).
* Nine assists sit second all-time among Seminole freshmen.
* Ranked tied for seventh in the ACC in assists per game (0.33).
* Recorded three game-winning goals, good for third on the team and tied for third in the FSU freshman record book.
* Among Seminole players with 10 or more starts, ranked third in shots on goal percentage at .529 (18-for-34).
* Nine points on three goals and three assist in 10 league games...ranked in the top 10 in ACC games only in assists per game (7th - 0.30) and points per game (9th - 0.90).
* Both game-winning assists came in league play assisting on goals against Miami and Clemson.
* Tallied first collegiate point in FSU's 6-1 win over Cal State Northridge assisting on the first goal of the game by Mami Yamaguchi.
* Set career-highs against Francis Marion with four points and two assists...her goal against the Patriots went down as her first game-winner of the season.
* At one point in the season, registered at least one point in five of six contests with five of those games coming on the road (10 points - three goals, four assists).
* Registered three multi-point games against Francis Marion and Wake Forest twice.
* Started all six games in FSU's run to the national championship game.
* Registered a goal and an assist in the NCAA Tournament with all three points coming in a 3-2 victory over Notre Dame in the College Cup semifinals...scored the game-winner in the 72nd minute to help lead the Seminoles to their first win in the national semifinals...found Yamaguchi for the game's first goal just 15 seconds into the start of the match.
U.S. NATIONAL TEAM -
* Member of the U-17 National Team in 2006.
* 2008 U-20 National Team pool member.
* Competed with the U-20 team at the Cyprus Tournament in March of 2008...played in three games starting one against the Netherlands Full National Team...played a key role in helping the U.S. advance to the championship final against the full Canadian National team.
* Invited to participate in training camp with the U.S. U-23 Women's National Team in Cleveland, Ohio in 2009 (June 12-19) and twice in 2010 in Carson, Calif., (January 13-20) and Sunrise, Fla. (March 7-14).
* Played five years, 2000-05, for both the ENY North ODP team as well as the Region 1 ODP team.
* New Jersey State Cup Champions (World Class, N.J. Arsenal).
* Played for Quickstrike FC who advanced to the state semifinals in 2007.
* Member of Soccer Plus Connecticut of the Women's Premier Soccer League during the summer of 2008.
* Played with the Hudson Valley Quickstrike Lady Blues of the W-League during the summer of 2009.
HIGH SCHOOL -
* A five-year varsity soccer athlete at Somers High School.
* Earned all-section and all-league honors four times, while receiving league MVP accolades twice during her junior and senior years.
* Honored with the Con-Edison Award, North County News Player of the Year and Journal News Player of the Year accolades all as a senior...was also named a Parade All-American as well as garnering second team all-State during her senior season.
* Named to the North County News and Journal News first team three times.
* Led her team to the New York High School State semifinals as a senior.
* Helped guide Somers to the League Championship for four straight years, Section Champions as a freshman and senior and finally a Regional Championship as a senior.
* Listed as a top 150 recruit in America by Soccer Buzz in 2007.
* A member of the Honor Roll for all four years of high schools.
* Active member of the Leo's Club as a freshman and a sophomore.
* Served on the Student Council as a freshman and then again as a senior.
* Daughter of Rui and Adelaide DaCosta.
* Major is sport management
* Father was born in Mozambique, Africa and mother was born in Portugal.