10 Marissa Kazbour
Graduated in the spring of 2010 with a degree in Sport Management
2009 - Accolades: CoSIDA/ESPN the Magazine Third Team Academic All-District III honoree - earned the award for the second year in a row...Dean's List (Fall 2009 & Spring 2010).
* Missed the season opener due to suffering a broke nose during practice...returned to the starting line-up in game two making her first collegiate start at left back against South Alabama...recorded an assist in the win.
* Part of a defensive unit that opened the season posting three consecutive shutouts while allowing just seven shots through the first three games including just three shots on goal...the three shutouts to open the season marks the first time it has happened in school history.
* Assisted on the game's first goal in a 4-1 victory over Washington State...drove a long free kick into the box which was scored by Jessica Price.
* Started in the midfield against UAB and recorded a career-high three shots including one shot on goal.
* Scored the game-winner in the 34th minute in a 2-1 victory over Maryland in the ACC opener for both schools...goal marked her first score of the season and second career game-winner.
* Started for the Seminoles in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament against Virginia Tech...played 59 minutes, recorded a pair of shots, both on goal, while recording an assist - the game winner in the 67th minute.
* Played in all three games in the ACC Tournament including 61 minutes in the championship game against North Carolina.
* Appeared in all four NCAA Tournament games as the Seminoles reached the quarterfinals for the fifth year in a row.
2008 - Accolades: CoSIDA/ESPN the Magazine Third Team Academic All-District III honoree.
* Matched last season's point total of 11 on four goals and three assists during her sophomore campaign.
* Appeared in 21 games making six starts.
* Started the first five games of the season, playing a high of 58 minutes against Florida International during that stretch.
* Finished the year with a shots on goal percentage of .706, highest amongst Seminole players with 10 or more shots.
* Had the third highest shot percentage on the team at .235...registered 17 shots including 12 shots on goal...tied a season-high with two shots five times.
* Recorded career-highs for points (4) and goals (2) in FSU's 5-0 victory over Wake Forest marking the first multi-goal game of her career...the two goals against the Demon Deacons were the first of her career in ACC play.
* First goal of the season came on the road in a 4-1 win over Penn State...credited with the game-winner against the Nittany Lions, the first of her career.
* Helped erase a two-goal deficit against South Carolina assisting on the first Seminole goal of the game late in the first half in a 3-3 tie.
* Once again helped FSU erase a two-goal deficit assisting on the first of two goals scored by Sanna Talonen in a 2-2 tie at North Carolina.
* Finished the ACC regular season with five points on a two goals and an assist. * Appeared in three games for FSU in the postseason tournament.
* Played a season-high 66 minutes in a first round victory over Mississippi Valley State...scored off a header on a near side throw-in to complete the scoring in a 7-0 victory against the Devilettes.
2007 - Accolades: Soccer Buzz Fourth Team Freshman All-American...Soccer Buzz Southeast Region All-Freshman Team.
* Tallied 11 points on three goals and five assists good for a tie for seventh on the team.
* Third among Seminole freshman in assists and tied for third in points.
* Appeared in all 27 games making 19 straight starts with her first 10 coming in ACC play, three in the ACC Tournament and six in the NCAA Tournament...earned her first collegiate start at home against North Carolina.
* Registered her first collegiate point assisting on a goal by Erika Sutton in FSU's victory over Francis Marion.
* Recorded a career-high three points on a goal and an assist against Troy...followed with her second goal of the season in a home victory over Auburn.
* Tallied points in three of her first six games to start the season...picked up an assist against NC State for her first point in ACC play.
* Tallied a season-high two shots five times against Francis Marion, Auburn, Boston College, Wake Forest and Texas.
* Played in 113 minutes in three games at the ACC Tournament...recorded a shot against Boston College in the first round...played a season-high 97 minutes in a tie on the road against Virginia.
* Started all six games in the NCAA Tournament averaging 53 minutes a game.
* Recorded points in her first three games finishing the postseason with four points on a goal and two assists...collected her first postseason goal against Texas scoring from five yards out in the 68th minute to solidify FSU's third round victory over the Longhorns.
* Registered back-to-back assists in the first and second rounds...accounted for her first game-winning assist finding Holly Peltzer for the score in the 21st minute against LSU.
U.S. NATIONAL TEAM -
* Member of the U-17 National Team in 2006.
* Participated on the ODP state team while serving as a Region III pool member.
* Member of the state champion Lakeland Lazers U-18 team.
* Served as a team captain on her club team the Countryside Lightning in 2006 and 2007.
* Played for the Bradenton Athletics of the W-League during the summer of 2008.
* Played for the Boston Renegades of the W-League during the summer of 2009.
HIGH SCHOOL -
* Served as a team captain for three years at Bloomingdale High School in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
* Named an NSCAA All-American during her senior year...earned Hillsborough Country Player of the Year accolades in 2006 after leading her high school to a state runner-up finish...received St. Pete Times Player of the Year honors twice in 2006 and 2007...was also named Player of the Year by the Tampa Tribune...earned first team all-county and third team all-state during her sophomore season.
* Led her high school team in goals scored during her junior and senior seasons.
* Started every game her freshman year and led the team in goals.
* Listed as a top 150 recruit in America by Soccer Buzz in 2007.
* Ranked in the top 125 in her graduating class at Bloomingdale High School.
* Accumulated a 4.6 weighted GPA, while making the Honor Roll six times.
* Member of the National Honor Society and Leo Club...served two years as Class Secretary.
* Daughter of Tarek and Simone Kazbour.
* Graduated a year early with a degree in sport management.
* Five-time member of the Dean's List (Fall 2007, 2008, 2009 and Spring 2008, 2010)...three-time member of the All-ACC Academic Team (2007, 2008, 2009)...three-time ACC Academic Honor Roll (2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10) honoree.