FSU Hits The Road This Week
Oct. 7, 2009
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Fifth-ranked Florida State (10-1-0) takes its unbeaten conference record on the road this week as the Seminoles leave the state of Florida for the first time this year heading to the Carolinas to face No. 9 Wake Forest and Duke on Thursday and Sunday, respectively.
FSU has won five in a row entering Thursday's contest against the Demon Deacons, while Wake Forest will mark the fifth top 10 opponent the Seminoles will face this year. Florida State has been perfect against ranked opponents in 2009 posting a 5-0-0 record including a 4-0-0 mark against teams ranked in the top 10.
With three straight victories to open league play, the Seminoles are off to their best start in the ACC since 2001 when the Garnet and Gold started 3-0-0.
Last year, Florida State defeated both Wake Forest and Duke in Tallahassee scoring five goals in back-to-back victories.
Thursday, October 8, 2009 - 7:00 p.m.
No. 5 Florida State at No. 9 Wake Forest
Series Record: Wake Forest leads 8-7-3
Live Stats: Gametracker
* FSU will leave the state of Florida for the first this year as the Seminoles travel to Wake Forest on Thursday in hopes of evening the all-time series against the Deacs for the first time ever.
* The Seminoles have won six of the last eight games in the series including two in a row. FSU has scored five goals in back-to-back meetings against the Deacs, while outscoring Wake Forest 22-9 over the last eight games. The Noles have recorded multiple goals in nine of 18 games.
* Eleven of the previous 18 contests in the series have been decided by one goal or less including seven of the last 10 - the Deacs hold a slight edge in the one-goal games at 5-3-3.
* A combined 62 goals have been scored in the series - 33 by FSU, 29 by Wake; the winning team has scored two or more goals 13 times including six times by the Seminoles.
Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 1:00 p.m.
No. 5 Florida State at Duke
Series Record: Duke leads 7-5-3
Live Stats: Live Stats
* Florida State will conclude its North Carolina swing on Sunday in Durham as the Seminoles face Duke in search of their first victory inside Koskinen Stadium in seven previous meetings.
* FSU carries a three-game unbeaten streak against Duke and has not lost to the Blue Devils since falling 3-1 in Durham back in 2006. The Seminoles scored a series high five goals in a 5-2 victory last year in the only meeting between the two schools.
* When the series began in 1995, Duke rattled off six straight victories before FSU registered its first win in 2000. Six times these two teams played into overtime with four of those games reaching the double overtime period. FSU is 2-1-3 when they take Duke to extra periods.
* The two schools played to a 1-1 tie in the last meeting in Durham back in 2007.
For Complete Notes please see the above PDF