For Your 'Nole'dge: Laura Dadowski
Oct. 17, 2013
1. When you decided to come to FSU and you got to experience the thrill of last night’s win over Miami on national television ... Is that something where you say, “Ok, this is why I came here.”
Definitely. Walking in and seeing the cameras and all the people who painted themselves was so exciting. The whole energy last night was amazing. I even took a step back and was like ‘Wow, this is what I really hoped would happen whenever I went to college.’
2. How was it for you all to have the cameras around you getting an all-access look at the team. It's happened before but is it a neat experience?
I’m personally not too comfortable in front of cameras, but whenever the (ESPN) guy came up to me I started laughing. It was a lot of fun, especially with Nicole and Elise (Walch) on camera.
3. What makes this team so fun to be around?
I think just the different personalities because there’s so many different personalities on the team. When you put us all together it’s a lot of fun, because we can all joke with each other and we all like each other. It’s a good thing.
4. When it comes to your serving, how much do you think you’ve gotten better since when you first came here?
I think a lot better because I’ve focused on it a lot more. In the past I haven’t focused just on serving, but now I think I’ve gotten better at placing it and knowing where I can drive the ball at someone or whatever I have to do to throw them a little bit off.
5. Being all the way from Pittsburgh, do you have a support system at home that is always looking to follow your matches?
Definitely. We always get texts from members of our family at home being like, ‘Oh we like following your game on GameTracker’ or on Twitter they love reading your tweets. Everyone at home was able to tune into the past few matches that were on TV.
6. Have you sensed a little excitement on campus this week with the big football game this weekend?
Everyone on campus has been talking about it. Like in any of the classes I’ve been people have been so excited about it. Even when I was younger I dreamed of going to a school that was big in sports. I think it’s cool when you walk around and your hear people talking about, ‘Oh my gosh look at that football player’ or they find it to be a big deal.’
7. Is it neat for you to have Pitt in the ACC now?
It’s cool. Whenever football played Pitt and whenever we played Pitt, I have so many friends that go there. They were all texting me. It’s cool to be on the other side of that and having a rivalry with other people at home.
8. If you had to pick an animal that best describes your personality, what would you choose and why?
8. This one is really specific, but on Instagram there’s a dog named Tuna. It’s like a Chihuahua-Dachsund and it’s got a deformed face and weird overbite and it’s just so funny. It’s a cute little dog and it’s so funny. The dog has these serious faces and I’m definitely serious at times, and the underlying aspect of it is hilarious.
9. When you are out of school and someone says, “Hey Laura, I will give you $20,000 for nothing or $200,000 if you correctly guess the number I have in my hand between 1-3. What would you do?
I think I would go with the first one because it’s the safer option and I always end up backing out and taking the safer option. I say just give me the money. I’d like to think (that I’m a risk-taker), but in a situation like that I would rather walk out with money.
10. If you could have any band perform at your wedding, who would it be?
Biffy Clyro because they are my favorite band ever. They’re from Scotland, nobody from here knows them but they are huge in the UK. Everyone on the team can verify that I am "creepishly" obsessed with them, so I would choose Biffy Clyro. At home on the really high TV channels there are random music ones, and Caroline (Dadowski) and I would always choose the alternative music one. That’s how I probably heard them. I heard one song and liked it and I got all six of their CDs.
11. What are your thoughts on "What Does the Fox Say?"
I love that video, and everyone else gets annoyed by it but I’m like, ‘It’s obviously a joke and it’s supposed to be stupid.’ That’s why I love it. I think it’s the funniest thing ever. It’s the question of life: ‘What does the fox say?’